What we as a team should always do....
Batting in the cage......
During Throwing Routines....
- Pretend you are taking signs from the coach. Front foot out of the box, the back foot in the box.
- Rest the bat on your sholders
- Line up knuckles to the proper position
- Take a deep breath
- Relax the body and mind
- Relax the elbows
- Step into the box
- Set your stance
- Hands up and back in the set position
During Running Drills.....
- Sychronize the throwing so that the ball is caught by your partner at the same time as the other groups
- Make good throws
- Catch the ball, dropped balls translate into errors, which then translates into a team loss.
- Focus on transitioning the ball from glove to hand to prepare for the next
- Proper feet positioning to catch the ball, and then throw it to your partner
- Point your sholder to your partner before the throw
- Focus on proper throwing mechanics
General Things to do during practices....
- Push yourself to get better and faster
- When doing sprints, run your fastest
- Pump your arms to help you run faster, and compact to your body.
What you can do away from practice.....
- Don't sit around, unless you're practicing to be a bench player, there are things you can do (exercises) while you are waiting to go on to the
- Have fun, but don't screw around.
- Listen to what the coaches are teaching you
- Encourage your other teammates to do their best, and help your partner to get better.
- Do core exercises (ABS, sit ups, etc)
- Do Isotonics for upper body strength. (Tighten up your muscles and slowing move your arms and sholders)
- Do Isotonic wrist curls
- Do calf lifts
- Do leg exercises
- Do push ups
- Lift light weights
- Stay in Shape!!!
- Go for a walk
- Eat the proper foods.